Secrets of the health care bill —
Two members of our corps of disgruntled staffers have seen the detailed Secret Republican Healthcare Bill (SRHB 1) and offer this glimpse:
- Bans anesthetics for Medicaid patients and for Medicare patients over 90.
- Institutes Life Panels – death panels, except that they’re called “life panels.”
- Declares war on opioids with harsh sentences for anyone who survives an overdose.
- Doubles the premiums for families earning less than six figures.
- Halves the premiums for families earning more than six figures.
- Gives free coverage to the one percent.
- Does not pay for abortions but allows women to seek them in The Netherlands.
- Uses a casino model to decide who receives donated body parts (after the one percent have what they need.)
- Allows insurance companies to take into account post-existing conditions.
- Throws 39 million people (a number equivalent to the population of California) and 6.8 million (a number equivalent to the population of Massachusetts) off the insurance rolls — because California and Massachusetts.